Living in one of
the best communities
Chemainus may be a small town but there are so many benefits and beauty that you may not know.
Chemainus is living history, authentic, creative and rich with uniqueness. Living in Chemainus offers an active free and easy lifestyle with all of thebenefits of a small community with big city services only a short distance away.
It’s easy to live in Chemainus. The culture and history embraces the unique and diverse community. A healthy and natural atmosphere of small town living, rich with artistic culture, a temperate climate, natural ocean-side views, affordability in all areas and most importantly a dedication towilderness, exploration and creativity.
The open and friendly residents and fulfilling Westcoast lifestyle keep visitors coming back and residents young at heart.
Facts About Chemainus
- Population: 4,000 (confirmed in 2006)
- Founded: 1858
- Biggest current employers: Chemainus Theatre Festival
- Visitors: 250,000per year
- Located in: Municipality of North Cowichan
- Served by: Municipality and the Cowichan Valley Regional District
- Equipped with:
- Extended care hospital
- Urgent care centre
- Medical lab
- Three schools:
- Served by RCMP
- Volunteer fire department
- Gateway to Thetis & Penelakut Islands and the Gulf Islands
- A year round temperate climate